Wednesday, September 16, 2015

How I Prepared For My Journey To Financial Freedom

Books that helped me improve my financial literacy
Just like on any long journey that you take, it is always best to prepare yourself for it. You determine where you want to go, how to get there, how long will you travel, how many clothes are you going to bring with you, how much money do you need and other things you need to prepare.

Before I started my journey to reach my financial freedom. I spent time preparing myself for it. How did I prepare myself for this long journey?






  1. Improved My financial literacy - in other words STUDY. It's a sad truth that we were never taught how to handle personal finances in school. So, the way we handle our money is based on what we have observed from our parents or what they have taught us.

    So, in order for me to know more about financial literacy, I did the following:
    1. Read books and other reading materials about handling personal finance. Some of my favorite titles are:

      1. Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
      2. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
      3. Simplify and Create Abundance by Bo Sanchez.
      4. 8 Secrets of the Truly Rich by Bo Sanchez (Just bought this one a few days ago)
      5. Entrepreneur - this magazine publishes articles about business that started small and grew big.

    2. Watch TV programs and Youtube videos that teaches about personal financial management.
      1. ANC's "On the Money" - Though I don't spend so much time watching TV, Thank God to the Internet! I watch selected episodes of ANC's On the Money.
      2. Bo Sanchez's Power Talks - As a member of Truly Rich Club, I get Power Talks at least twice a month. I will feature some of these videos here in the future.
    3. Joined the Truly Rich Club - the Truly Rich Club has helped me a lot in preparing for this journey. I learned so much from this site that I will need to post several articles just to tell you what I have learned from this site. 
  2. Simplified My Lifestyle - Bo Sanchez created a book (or two) on this subject, personal financial gurus always teaches this. Why? It's not how much you earn, it's how much you save. This is one of the most important thing to do before seeking to increase your income. In doing this, not that my lifestyle became boring to death, I just cut down my expenses on unnecessary things and activities.  
  3. Have the Right Reason and Motivation to Get Rich! Believe it or not, there are right reasons and wrong reasons to get rich. Of course have the right reasons and motivation to get rich will make you TRULY RICH and you can sleep well at night. 

    The right reason for me to get rich, is sleeping beside me with a milk bottle stuck in his mouth. :D
  4. Dare To Dream Big - yes dare to dream! I used to be a happy-go-lucky kind of a guy. I never made a dream for myself. Until I learned the importance of having a big dream in order to succeed in life. So I wrote down my dream and..
  5. Set My Goal - setting a goal is important if I want to reach make my dreams come true. Indeed helped me achieve one of my dreams. I wrote down how much I wanted to earn monthly this year, and I got it. Not the exact amount but it's very close. So I'm writing a bigger dream for next year.
 Of course, this year I've taken my first step in my journey to financial freedom. I hope you too would also take action NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment